National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. Furthermore, it provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances.
Millions of neighbors take part in National Night Out across thousands of communities from all fifty states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities, and military bases worldwide on the first Tuesday in August.
Please save the date as this year National Night Out will be held on Tuesday, August 1st from 5 pm to 8pm in the parking lot behind the 12th District Police Station at 1412 S. Blue Island Avenue.
We are still in the planning stages of this FUN evening, but so far with have:
- A DUNK TANK in which you will have the opportunity to DUNK a Police Officer. Monies raised will be used to purchase emergency bracelets for our senior citizens. We had so much fun last year and learned that Alderman Burnett has a really amazing throw.
- FACE PAINTING for the kids
- BALLOON ARTIST for the kids
- FREE FOOD, DRINKS & SNOW CONES for everyone
- GIVEAWAYS of SCHOOL SUPPLIES and FUN T-SHIRTS
- Special appearance by CHANCE from the PAW PATROL
- DJ and dancing
If you are in a position to help with a donation or can volunteer to work this event please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
We really need volunteers to help set up, work the event and clean up. Please consider giving a little of your time to help out.
PLEASE MARK ALL CALENDARS, HELP TO BUILD THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOURSELVES AND OUR POLICE DEPARTMENT.